I chose technology because it is a topic that constantly changes the world and improves day after day. I have been interested in technology ever since I started playing video games on the computer, play station, and Nintendo 64. I was always confused and eager to learn how it worked so I took a lot of computer classes in high school and read a lot online because it was something I thought I was going to pursue. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out and I lost interest in it. Although I do plan on furthering my knowledge with technology as new inventions are created in the future because it is a crucial part of life these days.
For this project I began to research through the internet. It is arguably the best source of information because it the history of the world on it. First I went to the Course Mind Map and clicked on the links provided or side notes. Then I continued my research through various websites I found on Google. Also, when I went home for a weekend I talked to my neighbor who happened to be a computer instructor at my high school.
When I started reading my sources I started to form a firm grasp of knowledge for my topic and also found it quite interesting. This topic made me remember how much I was interested in technology. During my research, I found many exciting facts about the history of the computer and how it was made.
I found a lot of good information from http://www.charlesbabbage.net/ , this is where I got all my information about the different engines Charles built to compute various equations. On http://www.cbi.umn.edu/about/babbage.html , I found all my background information on Charles Babbage concerning his family, childhood, marriage, and kids. For my information on Ada Lovelace I got my information from the link on the course mind map. My final source was the online library where I got numerous facts about the development of the computer and Charles Babbage.
No comments:
Post a Comment