After I completed the rough draft and revised the comments you left, I realized I still had a good amount of work to do until it was completed. First, I started correcting my document with the little grammatical errors I made. I used first person a good amount to express what I learned or to express my opinion regarding events that occurred or displaying information that I found concerning the biographical backgrounds of Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace. Another grammatical error I made was that I started paragraphs off with quotes without writing information that lead up to the quote to set it up. I corrected it by adding information before the quote regarding how it would relate to my primary document. The other big mistake I made in my rough draft was that I drifted away from the primary document and focused too much on background information and other information regarding the relationship between Ada Lovelace and Charles Babbage. I did not realize that the report should have been focused on the primary document and less about the individuals who made it. To fix this I connected the biographical information to the primary document by explaining how the childhoods of the two directly affected their future and the success of their inventions. My other mistakes all occurred in the work cited section. To start off I didn’t even call it a work cited page, I called it a bibliography which is similar but also used for completely different documents. Another error in my work cited page was that I didn’t have my references in correct MLA format. I did not indent the second lines of the references and I lacked information for some of them. In conclusion I think I did average on the report but still need to correct my little mistakes.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Revising the 1Report assignment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment