Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sources on 3ResProj

The first source I found was information from a website regarding statistics on injuries and fatalities of accidents while driving on the phone of texting.  At first I tried to do a regular Google search but I didn't find the correct information.  Then I used the advanced search tools and found multiple websites with information from popular websites to trust the information.  I put driving in the "all these words" box and  I put texting, phone, calls in the "exact words" box.  Then I used the advanced search tool to find a website that showed the last 50 major inventions made in the world.  I used the same method as my first source and found a website that showed me very critical inventions that have had a big impact on society.  I used these inventions to explain which were good combinations and bad of technologies.

3 comments:

Joel McLaughlin said...

Were there any sources that were inaccurate or you just didn't like? I like this topic and I am interested to see what your final paper looks like!

Jenna said...

Google advanced search is very helpful when looking for specific information like statistics. Sometimes it is just to difficult to type it into the normal search engine, but with the advanced search you just need specific words that you are looking for. I am sure it was super helpful for your topic.

Paige said...

Darren,
I am glad that you are using advanced google search to your advantage. You seem to be finding a lot of helpful sources and I can see that you are off to a very good start. Don't forget to find a print source that you can link to your topic as well.